By students, for students.

Ray-Pec NOW

By students, for students.

Ray-Pec NOW

By students, for students.

Ray-Pec NOW

Thank you to our sponsors!!

JV Girls Soccer Improves Teamwork and Strives for Winning Record

While varsity sports take up the spotlight during their respective seasons, JV sports deserve just as much recognition. JV girls soccer continues to stay strong throughout the season, serving a 5-5 record at the halfway point in the season. The team continues to work together to earn a winning record by the end of the season.
Captain and junior Kaydean Stucker shares her views on how the team’s teamwork has improved.
“I believe our teamwork has been pretty strong from the start to now. As a bunch of girls on one team, there can be a butting of heads to be honest, but I think it’s about working around each other’s differences and learning to communicate the things you expect out of the team. And with the improvement of teamwork, it is projected out on the field, this is how we have a better record now mid-season than we have had all season long past multiple years,” said Stucker.
Captain and freshman Alyssa Garcia gives an example of how the team works together.
“A way my team and I have shown teamwork is when we encourage each other when we are tied or losing. This is a great example of teamwork because it has helped us not give up and even helped us win. I believe as the team has been able to get closer over the season, it makes the team work better and better,” said Garcia.
Captain and junior Lizzie Wilson talks about some ways the team has shown teamwork, including a way to improve.
“I think we have done very well with passing with each other and finding out how some people handle the ball differently. I think that this has improved since the start and I think we can improve by not giving up when the game is about to end,” said Wilson.
Stucker explains how the team can obtain a winning record by the end of the season.
“It comes down to showing up to practice each and every day and having a winning mentality. We practice like we play, and we play like we will win. As of right now we have a record of 5-5, we watch film to see what we can improve and carry that over to the next game to win,” said Stucker.
Garcia explains how they will work to achieve their winning record.
“To obtain our winning record we are going to continue working as a team by continuing to be supportive and keep up our high work ethic,” said Garcia.
Wilson tells how improvement can help with their chances of securing a winning record.
“I think that if we keep working hard and trying, we will have a good chance with some of the other games,” said Wilson.
When it comes to JV sports, girls soccer is one of the best. Since the start of the season, they have improved on many different skills. By improving teamwork skills throughout the rest of the season, these girls could definitely get their winning record.