New teachers, new beginnings

FACS.+Teaching+her+students%2C+Mrs.+Snyder+shows+students+Emma+Newman+what+to+do+on+her+project.++

FACS. Teaching her students, Mrs. Snyder shows students Emma Newman what to do on her project.

Sydnie Stewart, Reporter

Being a new teacher at a new school district is nerve racking, wondering if the students will like them, and wondering if the staff would appreciate who they are as a teacher. Teachers already struggle with trying to find new ways to impress their students with learning, imagine being the new teacher and not knowing anything about the students and what their interests are.  

Angela Snyder is the new FACS teacher at the high school. FACS influences students in many ways, such as preparing them for adulthood and becoming parents.

“I think the Ray-Pec students are very smart, intelligent students, and I feel like they have a lot of things that they are planning to accomplish. The staff has been wonderful and very helpful and I just love all of them,” said new FACS teacher Mrs. Snyder.

Snyder loves the high school staff and students; likewise, high school students and staff also love her and her teaching.

“Shes good at teaching, because she just kinda says what’s on her mind, and she’s funny, she’s good at talking about real life situations when it comes to parenting,” said freshman Mariah Mann.

Snyder also keeps all the students productive by doing projects and other fun assignments.

“My favorite thing in parenting would have to the projects and stuff,” said Mariah Mann

Snyder has always wanted to teach FACS, she’s always enjoyed the idea of helping students become great leaders.

“Always, always, and always in FACS, my first degree was in art education K-12, im currently certified in art education and FACS,” said Snyder.
Even though, Mrs. Snyder is still nervous about the school year, she is looking forward to helping and getting to know her students more and being about to teach the rest of the year and many years after.