A multitude of freshmen Prowlers

Sydney Bearden, Reporter

Every year, Ray Pec welcomes many talented athletes. However, this year, the team is full of freshmen.

This year, there are 13 freshman dancers on JV and one on Varsity.

Freshman JV Prowler Kamryn Martin believes she knows why there are so many freshman interested in dance team this year.

“I think this is because lots of people in my grade are dancers and that it’s one of the main sports among us”, Martin said.

Like Martin, Senior Kennedy Van Trump joined the Prowlers her freshman year. Although both girls are dancers, they have not shared the same experience on the Prowlers. When Kennedy was a freshman, she was on varsity.

Having so many freshman on one team has helped the JV team bond and has helped them work together more easily.

“Having a team of mostly freshmen benefits the team because we’re all in the same grade, which means most of us already knew each other,” said Martin.

Although having a team of mostly freshman has its benefits, it also has its disadvantages.

“The downfall is that we don’t have any experience as being a Prowler, so knowing what to do in certain situations can be challenging,” said Martin.  

Whether or not everyone on the team are freshmen, Prowlers still have a good time together doing what they love most.

“Right now I’m planning on trying out again because it’s been really fun so far. It is really fun to have a group of girls who have your back and who you can always have a good time with whether you’re dancing or just hanging out,”  said Martin.

The Prowlers’ season has just begun and they will continue to perform for other sports teams. With all the freshmen involved this year, it is clear that the high school will have a skilled dance team for years to come.