By students, for students.

RayPecNOW

• Congratulations to the girls cross country team for their 3rd conference championship in 4 years and 5th Gold Conference Championship.

• Winter Sports start October 30. All athletes planning to go out for a Winter Sport need to make sure they have a physical on file

• The 2018 Panther yearbook is on sale now until Nov. 21.

Yordano Ventura

Noah Lampson, Reporter

Credit to Kansas City Royals

Imagine. A young boy from the Dominican Republic, with one set dream. To become the best Major League pitcher the world has ever seen. With a blazing fastball, filthy changeup, former Kansas City Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura was that kid. Born in Samana, Dominican Republic, Ventura had baseball thrown into his life from birth. Everyday he would head down to his local diamond and play with the neighborhood kids. His peers soon discovered his throwing abilities, and he instantly became a hometown hero. He became so big to the people of the Dominican Republic, that the Kansas City Royals Dominican Academy decided to give him a look. Once the scouts saw what he could do on that dirt mound, they fell in love with Ventura’s talent, almost immediately. In 2008, the Kansas City Royals signed as an amateur free agent at the young age of 17. He made his way through the Royals minor league system, and in 2013 made his Major League debut. But, when the Royals made the postseason in 2014, he became a rookie sensation. In every game he started in the 2014 postseason, his record was 5-0 against teams like the Oakland Athletics, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Baltimore Orioles, and the San Francisco Giants. In 2015, he had a 16-12 record in the regular season, and helped lead the Royals to a 2015 world series championship for the first time since 1985. Even though the Royals didn’t make the postseason in 2016, he left a positive light on the organization. And even though Yordano Ventura is no longer with us, his light will never be out. In the 3 years Ventura was with us, he expressed himself in a way Kansas City will never forget. Through the good times and the bad times, Ventura left his mark on his organization, his friends, and most importantly, the game of baseball. If there is one thing that Ace left the city of Kansas City with, is one word. Perseverance. From looking at what Ventura went through to get where he was,  it is a phenomenal book to be read. Thank you, Ace.

1 Comment

One Response to “Yordano Ventura”

1. Patrick Hemmingsen on February 15th, 2017 1:08 pm

Great job Noah! Wonderful story!!!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Yordano Ventura

Around Ray-Pec

Voice of Safety for Vegas

• Yordano Ventura

Around Ray-Pec

See you at the Pole

• Around Ray-Pec

A spread of positivity

• Yordano Ventura

Around Ray-Pec

Relationship management

• Yordano Ventura

Around Ray-Pec

The most important meal of the day

• Feature

Dome vs tornado

• Yordano Ventura

Around Ray-Pec

Students aid for Houston

• Yordano Ventura

Academics

Solving Anna’s murder

• Yordano Ventura

Around Ray-Pec

Crowd Pumper uppers: exciting the crowd

• Around Ray-Pec

My way cafe

By students, for students.
Yordano Ventura