Let it snow

Arizona Kobel, Reporter

Snow days happen in different schools, for different reasons, but the main reasons are it is too cold, slick, or a heavy amount of  snow. When snow days happen seniors Brendan Waitkoss and Jeweliah DuCharme and junior Kaydrin Quest cannot follow their normal school day routine.

Some people like snow days. People like to wake up and find out that school has been cancelled and that they can go back to sleep or do other extra activities.

“I like snow days because then I can get extra hours at work,” said DuCharme.

Some students dislike having snow days. They have other things to do besides just sit around and do nothing. They have lives outside of school and responsibilities that are needed to be taken care of. Some students are conflicted about their feelings on snow days.

¨I kinda like snow days but not really, I don’t like making them up. I go and either babysit, I can get homework done, but you can’t really go and see your friends,” said Quest.

There are other things you can do besides sleeping and doing nothing on snow days.

“Hanging out with friends, I go snowboarding sometimes I think that is fun,” said Waitkoss.

Some schools call snow days and some schools don’t, they all have there own look about things, some students wonder what calls a snow day.

“If it’s too cold or if the school district thinks there is a back road we can’t get on,” said Quest.

Everyone has there own reaction in the mornings when school is cancelled some can be happy or some could be upset, maybe you have a test the next day and get an extra day of studying or maybe you have a presentation that you just wanna get done and not have to wait a whole extra day.

“I’m excited and very happy that I can just go back to sleep, but upset because like I got ready for school and school is not even happening,” said DuCharme.

Snow days come up unexpectedly but we all have to deal with it one way or another. But at the end of the day we all have the responsibilities to make up the days we missed.