The most important meal of the day

Hollie Williams, Reporter

Breakfast, the most important meal of the day, sort of. According to the Agriculture & Horticulture Development Board, eating breakfast provides the body and brain with energy, and gives important nutrients.

“Even though some of us don’t eat breakfast, not eating breakfast effects certain people because the could be focused on food rather than their school work.” said sophomore Kaylene Wasmer.

A poll took by Kellogg’s shows that only 36% of high school students across America eats breakfast daily. The Agriculture & Horticulture states from a study that students not eating breakfast can lead to lower test scores, short attention spans, and mental/emotional problems.

“I think breakfast is important because it gives you nutrients throughout the day.” said sophomore Tyler Jackman.

According to the Food and Nutrition Service, the energy you get from breakfast helps improve students school education, allowing students to score better on tests.

“I always eat breakfast, that way I don’t get hungry throughout the day and I focus better on school when I eat.” said senior Haleigh Brown.

The USDA says eating grain, like cereal, or meat, such as an omelette for breakfast are the best food groups to follow eating in the morning.

“I think protein and carbs are important to breakfast meals.” said Jackman.

Getting nutrients and protein vary from what different breakfast choices you eat in the morning, USDA states.

“Pancakes is my favorite breakfast food, because they’re pretty bomb.” said Wasmer.

“Biscuits and gravy is pretty good, so that’s my favorite.” said Brown.