Spring training hype

Jack Patton, Reporter

After the victorious end to the 2015 season, the Royals are already back to work in Surprise, AZ. The 2016 spring training season is off to a start as the Royals get back into the grind of fielding balls and batting practice. The Royals play their first spring training game on 2 March against the Texas Rangers. Tickets start as low as eight dollars a person during the spring training games.  

Baseball season is already here and with it, new players and excitement come along. As the players get excited for the season to start, so do the fans back home. Scott Jermain, Head Basketball Coach, explains his excitement about his favorite veteran player.

“Perez, he’s kinda the rock, and a man child,” said Jermain. The fans are ready for the season opener.

Freshman Jake Anderson was most excited about the new pitcher the Royals had just signed.

“Ian Kennedy because he’s a pretty good pitcher and will be a good addition,” said Anderson.

The Royals even brought on a local player named Bubba Starling, and there are rumors of bringing him up from the farm teams. The fans are excited to go out to The K this year and watch the new players.

“My dad has season tickets so we’ll go during regular season and hopefully post season games,” said Anderson.

After a thirty year wait, The Royals finally won the World Series, and claimed the crown. All of KC wants to see another winning season. So far the Royals spring training record is off to a slow start, but the fans back home are hopeful for another successful season.